We rely wholly on the support of people like you to carry out our work. By donating to Resurge Africa, you’ll know that you have personally helped create a brighter future for the huge number of children and adults affected by debilitating and disfiguring injuries and birth defects in some of the world’s poorest countries.
You can also sign up and raise money for us at easyfundraising.org.uk/resurge
Prefer to pay by Direct Debit?
Download and fill out this form
95% of everything we receive is spent directly on providing support and training for medical professionals in West Africa and the creation of self-sustaining reconstructive surgery units across the region. Every penny, whether it’s a one-off gift or a regular donation, helps make a difference:
- £10 buys wound dressings for an operation that could change the life of someone afflicted by disfigurement
- £100 buys one cleft lip or palate operation, helping children disfigured by their condition to smile again
- £10 per month releases a burn victim from the shackles of skin contracture
- £20 per month buys the skin graft to heal the often horrific damage caused by ulcers
- £50 per month helps correct a debilitating hand deformity, giving someone the chance at living the life they want to lead
How your generosity helps
Without the help of people like you, our work simply wouldn’t be possible. Every year, thanks to our supporters, we’re able to invest in infrastructure and training in reconstructive and burns surgery in West Africa. Below are just a few of the vital ways your generous donations are invested:
- £65,000 pays for an operating microscope – an essential piece of equipment for free-tissue transfer surgery
- £30,000 trains one West African surgeon in reconstructive plastic surgery
- £10,000 trains a physiotherapist in Glasgow for six months
- £7,000 provides a 50-delegate training course in Ghana
- £1,500 allows a volunteer UK surgeon to travel to Ghana to provide specialist training
Run, swim, walk or bake for Resurge!
Whether you’re running a marathon or a karaoke night, why not take the opportunity to raise funds for us and help reconstructive surgery in West Africa?
With our partnership with Justgiving.com, you don’t have to collect the money yourself: just set up a sponsorship page and ask your friends and family to help you raise money securely online and create a brighter future for the people of West Africa.